Early Television


Just a reminder of the days when we expected so much less from our technology. When this set came out the only colours you could view were black and white. No flat wafer-thin screen. No HD. Just a goldfish bowl picture with rounded corners and 405 horizontal lines making up the picture which almost disappeared if a plane flew overhead!

In the UK, back in the 50s, there was only one channel, the BBC. It wasn't until 1955 we got our first commercial channel, ITV. TV wasn't 24/7 back then so we played with our wooden toys and Meccano sets until kids TV started at 5.00pm. Happy days!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I’m an Engineer and Training Analyst who has given up full time work to pursue my own interests. Part of my strategy to manage my income, in these days of UK pension freedoms, has been to move into Peer to Peer Lending. I’ve therefore created a blog to share my experiences, good and bad, of this exciting and lucrative new industry.