These Damn Metal Suits Are Turning Our Hair Purple!

Here is a shot from UFO, a UK TV series created by Gerry and Silvia Anderson in 1970.

UFO was the Andersons' first TV series with human actors instead of puppets. Maybe that was why the acting was sometimes a little wooden?

This series was deliberately targeted at an older audience; many episodes featured adult themes such as adultery, divorce, and drug use. In all, 26 episodes were filmed over the course of more than a year.

I love the technology. Those wonderful flick-switches in a range of primary colours - a bit like lego bricks. And of course the tight silver jump-suits knitted from wire with the purple bobbed hair.

My, those silver panties look jolly uncomfortable but you just can't beat that 1970's style, can you?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I’m an Engineer and Training Analyst who has given up full time work to pursue my own interests. Part of my strategy to manage my income, in these days of UK pension freedoms, has been to move into Peer to Peer Lending. I’ve therefore created a blog to share my experiences, good and bad, of this exciting and lucrative new industry.