Vinyl and Stocking Tops


Who remembers those happy days when music came on vinyl discs? Or if you are really old, 78 rpm bakelite discs which smashed when you dropped them?

Funny to think how many generations of sound recording there are:

  • Wax Cylinders
  • 78 rpm discs
  • Vinyl discs (45 rpm and LPs 33 rpm)
  • Reel to reel tape
  • Cassette Tape
  • CDs
  • and now MP3 downloads
So music playback technology has arguably improved immeasurably over the last 100 years. But then would you rather listen to your music alone on an Ipod or share the experience (via scratchy records) with the young lady above? Call me old fashioned but...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I’m an Engineer and Training Analyst who has given up full time work to pursue my own interests. Part of my strategy to manage my income, in these days of UK pension freedoms, has been to move into Peer to Peer Lending. I’ve therefore created a blog to share my experiences, good and bad, of this exciting and lucrative new industry.